Friday 11 July 2014

Top 5 Friday: Beach Reads


Summer is fast approaching, and that means it's the season for beach reads!! (sorry if this is a bit late for some of you) However I don't normally like conventional beach reads. By that I mean quite light, romance books, which I tend to find boring. So all of the books have a twist, and are books I wish I read while on my holidays. I've linked all of their Goodreads profiles in case you want more info. 

1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Words cannot describe how much I love this book. It's a romance story about a girl who moves to Paris. But it's so much more! The story is so realistic and this is up there with one of my favourite books of all time.  Even if you don't normally like romance, give this a go. I think that everyone will love it!





2. How They Met and Other Stories by David Levithan

Now this one is a book of short stories. All the stories are about love and were written by David Levithan every valentines day since he was in high school.(How cute is that?!)This means that they stories have an amazing variety, and are really heartwarming. Although it is often hard to connect with characters in short stories, I still really wanted to read on and find out what would happen in the next story. 



3. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

No list of unconventional beach reads would be complete without some John Green, and I thought that this one was most fitting. I didn't find this too deep, but it was still very interesting. It was also very original, and I certainly wasn't bored!



4. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Again, this is a love story, but it is very unconventional. The characters were very unique, but I still loved them and really related o them. This book really showed how pure and limitless love is, but wasn't all romance. Defiantly up there in my favourite books(again!).





5. Shipwrecked by Siobhan Curham

I loved this book soooo much! It's about a girl who gets shipwrecked on the island, and then has to try and uncover the Voodoo legend which surrounds it. I was so creepy and I became really attached to the characters. It does have a love story in it, but this isn't one of the main features of the book. I just found it a quick, but really exciting read that I would recommend to people who haven't really read any paranomal YA before (and everyone else!)

Happy reading!

Have you read any of these books? What's your favourite beach read?





2 comments:

  1. Love your picks! I've only heard of two of them (and read none-definitely need to remedy that) but I really like the sound of all of them. Just added some to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!! I tried to pick some that I thought not everyone will've read :p

    ReplyDelete