Saturday 26 July 2014

Top 5 Friday: YA Trilogies

It's the big one! While doing this I came to the realisation that I haven't actually read that many YA trilogies, but I still have 5 that I think it's worth you reading, and re-reading as much as possible!

1. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
These books are absolutely fanstic. I'd forgotten how much I loved them until my friend read them recently and spent forever talking about them, so my love was rekindled. The world was perfection, and so were the characters (mainly Will Herondale!) (The goodreads page is here)


2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Stephanie Perkins is the queen of contemporary. These books are perfection, the characters are amazing and the feels are uncontrollable. At the moment there are only two books out (Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door) but the third and final instalment, Isla and the Happily Ever After is due out in august. Words cannot describe my excitement!(The goodreads page is here)

3. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Yes, these were bound to be on here. They're just such good books, and the world is equally amazing. Contrary to popular opinion, I really like Allegiant. Though I had to re-read and certain bit to make sure it was true, I think that Veronica Roth made a good and very very bold decision. (The goodreads page is here)


4. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
This is getting a bit repetative, but the world in these books is so great. It's such a stereotype of the future (with hoverboards) but people are rebelling, and I've never read anything quite like it before. You're probably thinking, I thought that this was a series, but extras is a companion novel, so technically it's a trilogy. (The goodreads page is here)


5. Legend by Marie Lu
These books! It was watching the best film in the world. I was so lost in them, they've all sort of blurred into one. I absolutely loved the characters. They were so realistic, yet unique and oddly relatable. (The goodreads page is here)

So there you have it! My slightly predictable, but very well loved list of YA trilogies.


What are your favourite YA trilogies? Do you have any recommendations for Top 5 Friday topics?



No comments:

Post a Comment